Record Keeping 101 for Nonprofit Organizations
Nonprofit organizations, like for‐profit ones, need to retain certain records beyond current use needs, according to regulatory, legal, financial, and operational requirements. In this seminar participants will learn which documents, files, and records must be retained, how they should be filed and stored, when and how they should be destroyed, and how to make sure procedures are in compliance with government regulations.
In this content driven training, participants will learn:
1. The Benefits of Record Keeping
2. How to Create an Organizational Binder containing all the Important Documents your Board needs to have at its Fingertips?
3. How to Design and Implement a Workable Filing System
4. Hard Copy versus Electronic Copy
5. Record Retention and Destruction Policies and Procedures